Beginner Powerlifting Program
Any beginner powerlifting or weightlifting program should have a real focus on GPP (General Physical Preparation). It’s essential to become accustomed to strenuous exercise and build up over time.
- Play sport
- Lift sensibly
- Eat, sleep and get sufficient recovery
If you have never lifted weights seriously before then you will progress with linear periodisation.
This means all you need to do is add a little weight every week and reduce the overall volume. That’s why this program is so effective.
If you’re using powerlifting as a tool to improve sports performance, then this 4 day a week program allows for recovery.
- Deadlift once per week with one close variation
- Squat once per week with one close variation
- Bench Press and OHP once per week
- Sufficient upper and lower body hypertrophy for muscle growth
All we ask is that you sign up to our email list to keep getting free programs, product recommendations and guidance.
28 years old. Some easy to follow advice on how to get stronger, look better, feel better and enjoy yourself. No BS.